Protect yourself from scams & identity theft
Health care fraud affects all of us. It impacts the quality of health care. It also results in higher costs. Reducing Medicare fraud helps ensure that younger generations, like your grandchildren, will have Medicare when they need it.
What can you do?
Know what to look for. It can help you protect your identity and benefits. Be suspicious of:
- People trying to sell you health care items or services door-to-door or over the phone
- People who offer money or gifts for health care services
- Bills for services or equipment you didn’t get
- Shipments of medical supplies you didn’t order
- Someone using your Medicare card to get medical care, supplies or equipment
- People offering you free gifts or services in exchange for your Medicare ID number or health plan ID number
Protect yourself from fraud(collapsed)
Report concerns to us(collapsed)
Review Medicare fraud, waste and abuse alerts(collapsed)
Aetna Medicare is a PDP, HMO, PPO plan with a Medicare contract. Our SNPs also have contracts with State Medicaid programs. Enrollment in our plans depends on contract renewal.
See Evidence of Coverage for a complete description of plan benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by service area.