Aetna Medicare Preventative and Wellness Benefits
Preventative and wellness benefits at no cost to you,
exclusively from Aetna Medicare.
Did you know?
Aetna Medicare plans provide extra benefits you can feel good about.
You want to look and feel your best for many years to come. So give yourself a healthy advantage with preventative and wellness benefits available through Aetna Medicare Advantage plans:
- Aetna Health ConnectionsSM Disease Management — Provides access to individualized clinical programs for diabetes, stroke, heart failure and coronary artery disease. It can help you learn to manage your chronic health conditions and achieve your optimal state of health. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professional.
- Annual Preventative Reminders — Remember to get important vaccinations, like flu and pneumonia shots, with the help of our annual reminders.
- Case Management Services — Individually assigned nurse case manager who will work with you and coordinate with your physicians so you can get well and stay healthy (available for certain medical conditions).
- Hypertension Program — If you have unconrolled hypertension, you'll receive a letter and automated call inviting you to join the program. Once enrolled, you'll receive a free blood-pressure cuff and automated weekly calls, where you need to enter your blood pressure by phone. If your reading is high, a nurse will call you and assist you in managing your high blood pressure.
- Informed Health Line — Talk directly with experienced nurses about thousands of health topics using Aetna’s 24-hour toll-free number.
- National Medical Excellence Program® — If approved for this program, you can gain access to our national network of respected doctors and facilities (for those with a complex illness such as a solid organ or stem cell transplants).
- Numbers To Know® — Promotes the benefits of blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring. The reminder is sent to members diagnosed with high blood pressure. A wallet card is included to help members track blood pressure, cholesterol, medication and dosage information.
- The Aetna Compassionate CareSM Program — Provides support to members, caregivers and their families in the advanced stages of illness. Learn more by visiting www.aetnacompassionatecare.com.
- Women’s Health Reminders — Receive timely screening reminders for breast and cervical cancers.
This material is for informational purposes only. See Evidence of Coverage for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage.