Aetna Medicare Choices
Aetna Medicare Rx: Eligibility and Enrollment
Aetna Medicare Rx Eligibility
You can apply for an Aetna Medicare Rx® Plan (PDP), regardless of your health, if you meet the following Aetna Medicare Rx eligibility guidelines:
- You have Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B, and
- You live in the plan service area.
To join an Aetna Medicare Rx® Plan (PDP):
- You must enroll during the Annual Election Period (AEP) — October 15 – December 7; OR
- You must enroll during the Initial Election Period (starting three months before, including the month of, and lasting for three months after you first qualify for Medicare); OR
- You qualify for a Special Election Period, such as when you move to a new service area or into an institution, or your Medicaid eligibility changes.