Aetna Medicare Plans
Aetna Medicare Rx®: Eligibility and Enrollment
Are you eligible for Aetna Medicare Rx®?
You can apply for an Aetna Medicare Rx® Plan (PDP) regardless of your health status. Here are the eligibility guidelines:
- You have Medicare Part A and/or are enrolled in Medicare Part B, and
- You live in the plan service area
To join an Aetna Medicare Rx® Plan (PDP):
- You must enroll during the Annual Election Period (AEP). This year, it is from October 15 – December 7; OR
- You must enroll during the Initial Election Period. This period starts three months before, includes the month of, and lasts for three months after you first qualify for Medicare); OR
- You qualify for a Special Election Period. This occurs when you move to a new service area or into an institution, for example. It can also happen if your Medicaid eligibility changes.