Aetna Medicare Plans
2014 Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan with prescription drug coverage (MAPD) — low-income subsidy
What if I need help with my drug costs?
Many people who have trouble paying for their Medicare prescription drugs can get Extra Help from the government. The Extra Help program can help you with the following:
- Pay reduced plan premiums
- Annual drug plan deductible
- Cost sharing for prescription drugs
Extra Help can also eliminate the coverage gap and late enrollment penalties.
How can I apply for Extra Help?
The Social Security Administration and your state Medical Assistance Office accept applications for low-income subsidies. The amount of assistance you receive, if any, depends on your income and financial resources. To see if you qualify, call:
- The Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday TTY users should call 1-800-325-0778. You can also apply online at http://ssa.gov.
- Your state Medicaid office
Do you already qualify for Extra Help?
If you’re a member of one of the following plans, you can use one of these 2014 premium subsidy tables to see how much you’ll pay:
You may need to provide proof that you qualify for Extra Help.
Visit the “Best Available Evidence” page on the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website to learn more.