Aetna Medicare Rx Plan (PDP)
Aetna Medicare offers two different prescription drug plans in each state1. The Aetna Medicare Rx plans provide Medicare Part D coverage and:
- Coverage for most Medicare-approved Part D prescription drugs*
- $0 deductible in Premier plan
- Most generic prescription drugs at $2 copay in the Aetna CVS/pharmacy Prescription Drug Plan
- Most generics through mail order pharmacy for $5 for 90 days in the Aetna CVS/pharmacy Prescription Drug Plan and our Premier plan
- Convenience and savings using our prescription drug mail order program
- Robust prescription drug lists to safeguard against unforeseen changes in your prescription drug needs
- More than 65,000 pharmacies in our national network. Refer to our Pharmacy Directory or use DocFind to find a pharmacy near you.
* Clinical pharmacy programs such as prior authorization, step therapy, and quantity limits may apply.
|Aetna CVS/pharmacy Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)||Aetna Medicare Rx Premier® Plan (PDP)||Aetna Medicare Rx Essentials® Plan (PDP)|
|$0 Deductible for preferred & non-preferred generics|
|$0 Deductible for all brand-name prescription drugs|
|Preferred pharmacy cost-sharing||CVS retail|
|Low cost generic tier|
|CVS ExtraCare Health Card|
|Medicare standard gap coverage equal to 21% benefit on all formulary generic drugs||Most generics covered in the gap|
|Medicare standard gap coverage equal to 2.5% on all formulary brand drugs||Partial Tier 3 and Tier 4 gap coverage|
|Medicare coverage gap discount program for all formulary brand drugs equal to 50% (excludes dispensing fee)|
|Aetna Extras Value Add Programs|
|Enhanced coverage of generic Benzodiazepines and Barbiturates||Tier 1|
1 Aetna CVS/pharmacy Prescription Drug Plan: available everywhere but AK, AR, CO, ID, OR, UT, and WA
Aetna Medicare Rx Essentials Plan: only available in AK, AR, CO, ID, OR, UT, and WA
Aetna Medicare Rx Premier Plan: available everywhere except HI
Why do you need an Aetna Medicare Rx plan now?
Even if you don't take a lot of prescription drugs now, your Medicare prescription drug coverage will be there in the future when you need it. Enrollment in an Aetna Medicare Rx plan will help you avoid noncoverage penalties in the future.