Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan Choices
Aetna Medicare offers two types of Medicare Advantage health insurance plans.
Read more >
Aetna Medicare Plan (HMO)
This is an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan HMO plan that gives you access to tens of thousands of network doctors nationwide. This generally allows you to get more benefits for less money than Original Medicare for most services.
In many areas, our network is so large that itis likely to include your current doctors and hospitals. To see a full list of doctors and hospitals in our network, click here or use “Easy Answers,” found on most pages of this site.Other Aetna Medicare Advantage plan features include:
- Predictable out-of-pocket costs
- No referrals necessary for covered services with our Open Access HMO plans in select areas
- Coverage for most Part D prescription drugs when you choose an Aetna Medicare Advantage plan with Prescription Drug coverage ("MAPD"). For information about our Aetna Medicare prescription drug plan quality assurance procedures (such as quantity limits and medication therapy management), please refer to our Find Prescriptions page.
- A plan premium that can be hundreds of dollars less than a Medicare supplement plan
- $0 copays for preventive care, including annual wellness exam and screenings
- $0 copay for each Medicare-covered HIV screening (one HIV screening exam every 12 months; up to three screening exams during a pregnancy)
- Fitness center benefits, including a gym membership, at no extra cost
- Allowances for hearing aids and eyewear (not offered in all plans)
- Optional dental coverage may be available (not offered on all plans)
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information, contact the plan. Aetna Medicare is a Medicare Advantage organization with a Medicare contract. A Medicare approved Part D sponsor. Benefits, formulary, pharmacy network, premium and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. See plan documents.
Plans are offered by Aetna Health Inc., Aetna Health of California Inc., and/or Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna). Not all health services are covered. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change each year.
You must be entitled to Medicare Part A and continue to pay your Part B premium and Part A, if applicable. For medical coverage, you must use plan providers except in emergency or urgent care situations or for out-of-area renal dialysis. If you obtain routine care from out-of-network providers, neither Medicare nor Aetna will be responsible for the costs.
You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view some of the materials. You can download the latest Acrobat Reader software free by clicking this link. Download Adobe Reader.